Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Summary & Reaction “An Elephant Crack Up?”


According to the article, “An Elephant Crack UP?” elephants are social animal as well as we are, human beings. They can learn the way they live from one generation to the others. Baby elephants learn it from their parents. If they lost their parents before they become matured, the baby elephants tend to be violent or crazy. They cannot learn the way they should live from their parents. The same things happen in humans’ life. If we lost our parents in very early stage, we tend to lose our rationality, and turn into be violent.

Now, I realize the importance of parental care both for humans and elephants. Parents have important role to lead their children to right direction. Good parents make good children to become good people. On the other hand, bad parents have high risks to make irrational people. Actually, some criminals, such as thief or murderer, are in exact the same situation that they lost their parents in childhood. Children learn many things from their parents whether intentionally or not. Before reading this article, I do not care much about my parents. However, now, I appreciate for my parents because I could grow up rationally. Also, I would be a good father who can teach my children many things in future.

9 Comments:

Blogger kazoo said...

Yes, exactlly! You have same point which I have. We gotta thank to our parents then.

10:25 PM  
Blogger devilishcharm said...

I agree with you!
It's important thing to thank to our parents. Also, I'm sure that you will be a great father for your children.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Miho said...

YES!! YES!!! Parent is very influential person for children to grow up to better direction. They are everything to me,so I felt sympathy for elephants which do not have parents. I am very sorry about them. If they have good parents, they won't be crazy... 
I am also sure that you will become good father0^-^0
Anyway, I wish you good luck in competition of baseball. ファイトーーー!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Brad Blackstone said...

Good point on the fatherhood issue. Thanks, Zono!

12:49 PM  
Blogger takiko said...

Hi, Zono-chan.
I agree with your view of parents-children relationship. For children, family environment and parents are going to be absolute criteria when they consider outside things. I am sure that you will be a good father in the future ;-)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Kana Tanino said...

Yes, I agree with you! Parents are essential for everyone. I wanna be a "good mother" someday, but it seems to be very hard.

7:27 AM  
Blogger mikitty said...

I might misunderstand your point, zono. But I cannot catch the meaning of "bad parents" and "good parents"... What is criteria to decide "bad" or "good"? If someone do not have parents, does he/she is going to kill someone?

4:22 PM  
Blogger Chi-chi said...

I agree with you. Both elephants and human cannot grow up appropriately without cares from someone.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Saori Nishita said...

Hello, Zono-san.

Your summary is really easy to understand and gave me brief idea of the article, "An Elephant Crack up."

I can fully understand your idea that parents are very important for children to give them some important lessons. And also, in my opinion, I think that there are another important thing that parents can give their children. It is love.

Without love, we cannot trust our parents and follow their guide. If parents don't love their children, the children cannot know how to love their future children. This may cause child abuse.

Anyway, I'm sure that you can be a really good father who can be a good model of your future children and love them.

Thank you very much for your nice post!!

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home